Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
76k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2024 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East17 View Post
"He said it's about the energy in our relationship creating that feeling, not the energy of the space."

I would disagree and say it's also very much about the physical space - it's important to feel safe when working with a T and where you go to do the work can have a profound effect on how the client feels.

I hope you get used to T's new office space quickly @LonesomeTonight

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Thanks, East. I think it's a mix of both. I talked about how it was very difficult at first switching to virtual for the pandemic--and he was virtual for a LONG time, as he didn't want to use masks. He returned to in-person for 3 weeks in 2021, then delta hit, and we went back to virtual until maybe March 2022.

Anyway, I did eventually adapt to that, and he's pretty good at virtual therapy, so it was OK. But, as I told him, that office had particular significance to me, as it represented a return to normal (in life in general) when we went back in person. As did his couch (which he got rid of with one session's notice earlier this month), when I was eventually allowed to return to sitting there instead of in the chair across the room.

There's also how he told me, back with the stone thing years ago, how the stone he leant me should represent the therapy space, not him, that you could put most any therapist in that chair and the space would still feel safe, which I disagreed with. (I mentioned that to him yesterday.)

He did say that although the new space is smaller, the layout would essentially be the same, with a window in front of where I'd sit (on a new loveseat that I hope I won't hate), though a wall instead of another window to my right; he'd be in the same spot, but his desk would be closer to him; the door would still be in the same spot. And that he's decorating it similarly, that I'd recognize most of the items, and it should have a similar feel. (Fate of fish I gave him TBD, though I doubt it will make the cut.)

So, we'll see...

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel