Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.3k hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2024 at 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOnTheTrail View Post
Thanks, East...

I know this isn't for me, but I'm freaked out by R going virtual for the summer.
During our virtual sessions over lockdown, I feel like I cried at some point every week.

If I wanted to book a six-week detox, then I would do so.

The stuff we bring up in therapy is a lot to hold alone, and T being on a screen is very different than sharing a physical space.

I appreciate you helping me understand that maybe I'm not being selfish here.
Hugs, Lost. You're not being selfish. And your T should have definitely given you more notice.

I completely understand your fear about going virtual, especially considering you've been going through a difficult time lately. Of course, there's the difference in not being in the same room. But I imagine it also takes you back to the lockdown time in some ways--at least, it does for me when I have to do virtual with Dr. T for whatever reason.

There's definitely something different about sharing a physical space. Dr. T has said there's an energy there when two people are in the same room that isn't there virtually. I'd agree with that. And like you said, it feels less alone when it's in person, that you can pass those feelings onto the other person.

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel