View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
292 hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2024 at 07:26 AM

I have put off another pet after my last one was suffering (16 years old) and I felt the vet was being a jerk and wouldn't authorize euthanasia. My cat was throwing up about every three days. It was not just throwing up food. It seemed to be bile? I tried everything for a year and probably kept him around too long because I didn't want to have to put him down. I suspected Lymphoma.

I paid for several tests but the vet always imho, did not diagnose him correctly and then used that flawed diagnosis to argue I could keep him around. For instance, he argued that my cat had hypothyroidism but on line people who's cats actually had it told me the test results were not in the range.

In the end thank god I found this place called lap of love that came out to my home.

But I am now freaked out about vets. I saw a very big change in the lifetime of my last cat. Previously they were very open to it and would sometimes be too encouraging. It is hard to make that decision and I think they should be supportive. But this time, IMHO I was finding vets that were all about the money they could get from me. Or this misguided sense of "justice" for some animal that had been put down too early.

I remember the fear for me knowing that I might not have the option? It made me angry and now I don't want to get a cat anymore for fear of the trouble I went through.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuddyBoots