View Single Post
cptsdvictim

Member Since Mar 2024
50 hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2024 at 08:56 AM

Final changes in. Aaanndd, the tests are failing. Spent the entire day trying to figure out how to make them work but nothing gives in. Asked the community. Argh! When I was so close. If I don't solve it by tomorrow morning I'm pressing ahead without them. Leaving them to be fixed later.

On Friday afternoon I'll meet a friend for lunch. I'm proud of myself that I kept a boundary: can't talk about my app. He was ok with it saying we can make conversation on subjects other than work. I'll see if he wants to talk about work and if so I'll make it clear that I can talk about work just not about this project (he'd need an NDA if we would talk about it).

Relaxing in a cafe now. Today, for lunch, I was pleasantly surprised to see they've brought in Malabar Curry. Of course, without hesitation, I bought a portion. I felt so good (still feeling good) after eating it. So good! The decaf oat latte (second one, after the decaf Americano with oat milk and a croissant in tbe morning) after the Malabar Curry was so good. Not a bad day today. Even had some small talk with B. the server of coffee I've in the morning on some days of the week. The staff there are awesome. Too bad I'm a sociopath and retraumatized. I wish I'd be more upbeat, connected and would know how to resonate with them. Most people find connection over complaining, nowadays. Not me. I wouldn't know what to say. I stick to the positive but then get stuck without knowing what to say. It's easier in writing and at distance. I guess my extreme anxiety, as my trauma therapist put it, is the culprit. Inside Out 2 resonated with me on this theme.
cptsdvictim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote