Thread: New here
View Single Post
Manarinorange

Member Since Jun 2024
7 hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2024 at 09:36 AM

I thought I would introduce myself. I'm diagnosed with bp1, ptsd, panic disorder, and generalized disorder.

I have a 29 yr old son with schizophrenia that no longer lives with me. He did something to me 4 years ago and he can no longer live here. He was in a horrible group home and he started acting up there so they put him in the hospital and gave my sister and I names of places that would be a better place for him to live. He was doing excellent and then last weekend he came for a weekend visit and he freaked out. So we both decided that overnight visits aren't a good idea for now.

Right now I'm struggling really bad with anxiety. I told my therapist I want to try to really work on my anxiety using cbt. Just work my butt off learning it and applying it.

Right now I'm on a lot of meds to help with it. I would like to get off of some of them bc they're making my brain mush. I used to to be able read 5 books at a time, I could think fast and come up with comebacks really fast, win debates easily, be witty etc. I want that back.

So if any of you have anxiety tips I would love to hear them. I know grounding techniques, but not cbt well.

So that's what I'm dealing with. Nice to meet all of you! 😊
Manarinorange is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, June08, raspberrytorte, unaluna

Thanks for this!
bizi