View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,850 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2024 at 10:59 AM

I did initially intend for this to be about pets, but I did try to put myself in the pet's paws and think with no quality of life and no hope for improvement, euthanasia would be the kind thing to do. We kinda got a bit off track there.

*This is going to get pretty triggering from here on out so either don't read or prep yourself.*

A few years ago I had a cat that had a saddle thrombus, and he was in severe pain and was panicking. Brought him down to the vet, vet said they could try and treat it but told me what I already knew about him being in a crap ton of pain and how many cats do not survive the clot. He was 16 at the time, had some heart issues, and we knew this would probably happen just not when. Vet recommended putting him down, I was already thinking that route, so that's what we did. The vet I used to bring my pets to was awesome--never pushed us into probably unnecessary tests, never tried to prolong a suffering animal's life (unless the pain and level of functioning was worth treatment based on efficacy of treatment, age, quality of life, etc.).

But yeah, right now I am riled up and pissed at my neighbor because I am hearing his dog cry every day that he doesn't want to do this anymore. My neighbor isn't the best owner to say the least, but I'm at least hoping when the dog was younger he got to play fetch, go on walks, play tug-of-war and what have you. Doggo knows he's not going back to that. I'm going to video tape that mofo pushing that poor dog THAT CAN BARELY FCCKING STAND and report animal abuse, and do whatever tf I can to comfort that boy as much as possible because I AM SOOO FCCKING PISSED!!!! PEOPLE ARE FREAKING AWFUL! I get it's not my place, my neighbor is the one responsible, but he is pretty damn irresponsible.

Went through something similar with my aunt whose dog had a stroke and couldn't do shyt for himself after. And my mom backed her up and after that has always backed her up with bs like "wait until they go naturally." Seriously, they're fccking pets that we have domesticated and bred. There is nothing natural about that. When a deer gets hit by a car, do they let him/her lay on the road with various injuries until they die? No. Cops come out and shoot 'em.

Hugs from:
Nammu