LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.3k hugs
given
Default Jun 26, 2024 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
L's on vacation. Of all the time to be on a vacation, it had to be this week. We are dealing with a major rupture, which was getting a little better. I even joked with her on Saturday that for being me and having BPD, that 2 weeks wasn't too bad a time for things to turn around. She agreed and thought it'd take me longer. Anyways, she allowed me to email and text her throughout the leave. Yesterday she sent a text saying she'd be out of service most the day, but it never went through. When she got back, it went through, and it felt like she brushed it off. She didn't apologize or be empathetic. So I sent her a text about this and other things. She responded that she was going to respond via email because it might take some processing. So to me that means no more texting, least not on those topic. She emailed me and in that email said she'd rather discuss this in real time... But for something she didn't understand, I could write as much as needed.

I don't know what to do! Respond via email to the whole email? Respond only to the part confusing her? Just stop texting and emailing, go it on my own?

I feel like ghosting her. She knows how hard everything is for me. Like I'm going through some hard s***. She agreed to emails and texts. H is beyond pissed at her. I don't know what to do with her. I wish I would have left her two weeks ago. Now I feel stuck with her.

But who am I hurting? Me or her? Should I just risk pissing her off and respond to everything?

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, Scarlet. I feel like T's often end up on vacation at the worst possible times. And then their minds aren't in the therapy space, plus their schedule varies.

I'd say if she told you to write as much as you want, to take her at her word that it's OK to reply. I would maybe limit it to the part she didn't understand though. I hope things get better once she returns.

Thanks for this!
LostOnTheTrail, ScarletPimpernel