Roses are falling.

Member Since May 2017
10.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 27, 2024 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
In the middle of my virtual (because I'm away) session with Dr. T this morning, he had to turn off video and (I presume) step away twice to deal with urgent messages relating to the new office. Which was really awkward, though he was very apologetic and made up the time at the end.

Those messages led him to believe he won't be able to move next week, either (was originally supposed to be yesterday and tomorrow). Something about a complaint filed regarding his renovation of the office, I assume by another building tenant? He said they weren't even doing all that much and wasn't aware of needing a permit (which this person claimed he needed).

So...I'm probably meeting him in person at his old office Monday. Which feels a bit weird, as I've already said goodbye to it. I could always opt for virtual, but I'd rather meet in person if possible. I guess I can look at it as bonus time? And in a weird way, less pressure, as I've already done the "good-bye" thing. I might be there Wednesday, too (a session I thought was canceled due to the rescheduled move). Seems like everything will be up in the air for a bit. But I feel like I can manage that, which is more than I might have said, say, a year ago.
I wouldn’t classify office stuff as urgent to justify disturbing your session twice, but it sounds like you handled the interruptions and the uncertainty around Dr. T's office move quite well. It's great to hear that you feel more capable than you might have in the past.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight