Sometimes psychotic
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
Default Jun 27, 2024 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarinorange View Post
Thank you for the explanation. I wouldn't consider myself his caregiver though. I think of myself more as a mother who has a son that gets violent. It's mainly only with me although the formal home he was in he started acting really aggressive and that's why they put him in the hospital. When he was first diagnosed with schizophrenia at 19, I spent days crying. It's just a very difficult situation considering my mental issues as well. I think I'll try the bipolar site since I have that too. Thanks for the information. [emoji4]

Hi orange, i’m rarely around but I saw you’re having cognitive issues with bipolar/psychosis. For me what worked was omega 3. My favorite is an algae omega 3 from Nordic naturals.

Also regarding your son I’m sorry he gets violent but most of us relate to being out of control with psychosis but in a non violent way. What might help is if you talk about you and your experience rather than him. Most of us here are higher functioning and can’t relate to him but possibly can relate to you. I have bipolar/psychosis and found more similarities here than at the bipolar site. What we all have in common is the experience of psychosis.

I wish you luck with your son.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk