View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.9k hugs
given
Default Jun 28, 2024 at 01:34 AM

I had an assessment for talking therapy earlier this week, on the same day my husband had yet another fall which landed him in A&E. So I was kind of shaken whilst doing the assessment but that was probably no bad thing as the assessor could get the idea of the stressors in my life.

When I am talking with professionals I notice they are very keen to signpost to other organisations, that’s how it works here. The therapy assessor mentioned Carers Centres. In the UK this is one of the main charitable organisations available to support Carers. Years ago I volunteered with them myself, facilitating a social group.

Anyhow. The assessor mentioned the Carers Centre but then mentioned that they prefer to deal with registered carers. I think this means people who’ve applied and qualify for carers allowance. This seems like a golden ticket for many things.

At the moment I’m not there. For one I earn too much, you can’t earn more than £151 a week. You have to give 35 hours of care a week - I’ve never quantified it. I have no idea how many hours I give. He doesn’t require the full on washing/dressing/feeding but he is requiring more and more support unfortunately.

Anyhow just wanted to update.

Sorry @nonightowl and @CANDC I realised I didn’t respond to your posts earlier, thanks for replying, I’ve been preoccupied.

Today I’m hoping I can persuade him to have a day trip, last night he was quite down and not talking much so I’ll have to see how he is today. I thought a change of scene might help.

Got to hang the washing out first.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CANDC, nonightowl, unaluna