nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,182 hugs
given
Unhappy Jun 29, 2024 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd rock View Post
I bought the stuff to make some mushroom pork chops at Walmart today. Along with a few other grocery items, it cost me about $62. The extreme price of food and other basic necessities makes me upset, because I know if prices continue to climb then I might not be able to feed myself. It's very depressing to go to the grocery store and every time it now costs me $45-60 per bag of groceries. And I'm just a single, childless adult who knows how to live cheaply. I shudder to think about what it costs to feed a typical family in this day and age. And no one in our government seems to really care about it at all. They brag about bringing inflation down, but I need prices not to just increase at a slower rate, but to actually decrease. It's deeply depressing to know I can't save for the future when the now is just so expensive.
The government is out of touch and lives in a different universe!

I hate the word inflation and other fancy words to describe high prices! I see you’re in Canada and not the USA but I think it’s global, like the climate crisis.

The government also has inaccurate data on things like the number of unemployed or homeless. Since they just count claims, the unemployment rate is much higher because people don’t get counted when dropped from the system. This happens when they run out of benefits.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock

Thanks for this!
3rd rock, T4bbyCat