View Single Post
Scooter9
Poohbah

Member Since May 2018
84 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 30, 2024 at 12:21 AM

My gosh was it ever a crazy trip to get to the ship for Alaska!

Our original flight got cancelled and they wanted to fly us out the next day. That would have been impossible because the ship would have left by the time we arrived.

After much talking with the airline, we got on a flight going to Montreal and then go to Vancouver. Montreal is further away from Vancouver than Toronto, where we started but it was our only option.

The flight to Montreal got delayed by 2 hours, eating up all our time for the connecting flight. We landed in Montreal and ran to our connecting gate. I had to run pushing my mother in a wheelchair! I thought my heart would give out!

We were the last to board. It turns out our luggage didn't make the connection. So we spent the night in Vancouver with only the clothes we were wearing, didn't even have a toothbrush!

We were boarding the ship when we found out our luggage arrived in Vancouver. We had to get someone from the cruise line to collect our luggage for us since we were already 1/2 way through the check-in process. Our luggage arrived minutes before the ship left but we didn't know that. It had to go through security which delayed things by a couple of hours. So we thought that we'd have to buy all new clothes, etc.

In the end, our luggage got sent to our rooms. What a mess!

I left out a lot of other details like gate changes and running, while pushing my mother in the wheel chair!

We got middie seats and I'm a tall guy so I was stuck in the center seat unable to move. And my legs cramped. I couldn't sleep or read. I was tired and hungry and had to deal with my mother's issues too.

In the end we made it onto the ship and my mother is glad to be with us. We're a group of 7 people.

Now on to Alaska! The ship WiFi doesn't allow access to this forum so I don't think I'll be able to post anymore (I'm posting from Canada still) until I get back to Canada.

It is beautiful so far! And the food is great!

See you all in about 5-6 days. Take care everyone!

My anxiety is really high and Imodium is helping. Klonopin, not so much but it's better than nothing. Depression is still there but maybe it'll get better. Who knows.

Bye for now!

My avatar picture is a photo of the Whirlpool Galaxy I took in April 2023. I dedicated this photo to my sister who passed away in July 2016.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, LadyShadow, Mountaindewed, raspberrytorte, Rosi700, unaluna

Thanks for this!
bizi, LadyShadow, unaluna