View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
290 hugs
given
Default Jun 30, 2024 at 06:11 AM

So it didn't take long but I found this Long-term use of blood pressure drugs may cause kidney damage, study suggests | ScienceDaily

Quote:
New kidney research is raising concerns that long-term use of ACE inhibitors and other drugs commonly prescribed to treat high-blood pressure and heart failure could be contributing to kidney damage.
This really irritates me because I specifically asked for drugs that had no effect on the kidneys. The article makes clear that this also applies to ARBs. And I started looking because I had blood tests while on this drug and my kidney results came back unusually low. I have another condition that could be hard on my kidneys.

I am starting to doubt the entire thing. While reading I found a few studies that said you should never get drugs if you are 140/90 or below. And, to be fair, I am mostly that and I usually only hit the 140/90 when I am at the doctor's office ... mostly because I keep being asked move around. Before my last high reading she asked me to get up on the exam table and that could have caused it to move up.

I don't know what to think but I am irritated.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Travelinglady