Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,649 hugs
given
Default Jun 30, 2024 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorPlate108 View Post
You sound a bit like you're suffering from exhaustion - physical, emotional, and mental. It makes every little nerve raw, and like your last one is constantly sticking out, waiting to be hit.

When that happens to me, it's a sign I need as much physical and mental rest as possible. I'll cut back obligations to the bare minimum, and sleep/rest the remainder of the time until things feel better. Now when I recognize I'm getting exhausted, it's usually just one down-day, but at times, it can be a week or so of minimal activity. It's hard, because it can feel wrong to do nothing, but letting a body and mind rest and heal, sometimes really helps.

Be gentle with yourself. There's a lot going on
Thanks so much. You're right. Today I was able to get out of my state of high anxiety enough to focus on getting some work done, but am making sure to rest on a day off too. I know I will have to work tomorrow and Tuesday nights after work to keep up the pace, so today I feel my body and mind automatically choosing rest over anything else. Tomorrow, it's right back onto the anxiety and panic wagon at work... I have a therapy appt in the afternoon and pray that she can also give me helpful advice.

Thank you.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote