View Single Post
Albatross2008
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
365 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 01, 2024 at 04:14 AM

Over the last several days, our elderly cat had to be taken to the vet for surgery. Just before she was due to be discharged, my husband got sick, and I had to tie up all loose ends at the vet myself.

I posted both situations on Facebook, and both husband and cat have received well wishes.

Then as my husband began to recover, I caught it myself. I’m currently running a temperature of 103 F (39.44 C), down from 104.1 F (just over 40 C.). My husband is taking very good care of me. He made me chicken soup, as I made it for him yesterday. When we decided I shouldn’t be under a heavy blanket, he brought me a sheet to cover up with instead, and I noticed later he’d brought me two bottles of water so I can stay hydrated. I am grateful that he is taking such good care of me, because there was a time in my past that I was in a marriage where this all would have been one-sided. He is a wonderful husband. I am so glad for him.

On Facebook, I posted photos of both the thermometer showing 104.1, and the water he brought me. I publicly thanked him for his care. Right now I feel just as miserable as he miust have felt yesterday. Maybe more, since his temp didn’t climb so high. It was never above 100 F.

So many hearts, cares, comments, well wishes and support for him, and for the cat. My posts about my own health, the only hearts and cares are his, and the only comments were mine, updating about my temperature.

We have over 50 friends in common. But it does seem to me they care more about him, and even the cat, than they do me.

I’m leaving the posts about my health up for another 24 hours, and then I am taking them down without comment or explanation. I seriously doubt anyone would even notice.

Thank you for letting me vent.
Albatross2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Discombobulated, eskielover, RDMercer, Rose76, unaluna