Grand Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
366 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 01, 2024 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
That is terribly hurtful. I say that based on first-hand experience. In 2022, I was in the hospital with an infection and sepsis. I was awful sick and posted about it on Facebook. My nieces (both adults) never put a "get well" comment or even an emoji. I've never completely gotten over the hurt. Not that I want to be bitter, but I'll never again believe that I mean much to them.

Getting back to you: A temp of 104.1°F is awful high in an adult. I think it is sufficient reason to go to the emergency dept of a nearby hospital. Keep checking it. Your husband sounds nice, but he can't collect your blood and send it to a lab for tests . . . and he can't X-Ray your lungs. At such a high temp, those things should have been done. If this is a respiratory infection, you are at risk of pneumonia. Perhaps it is COVID. They have an antiviral medication for that, but it has to be started soon after the onset of illness. If this is a different type of infection, your problem could develop a complication. High fever can also lead to hair loss.

Hydration is important, and it sounds like your husband is on it. Monitor the color of your urine, which can be an excellent index to your level of hydration. If it gets too dark, you need more fluid. Plain water is not always best. A beverage with some sugar in it absorbs quicker. I recommend diluted juice, or diluted ice tea.

Do you have an oximeter? You can order one from Amazon for as little as $20. Every home should have one. It tells the level of oxygen in your blood. If you can't keep that above 88%, you need to be on supplemental oxygen, which means go to the emergency dept right away.

Let us know how you're doing. I hope all three of you will be all better soon.
Thank you so much. My husband himself is still ailing somewhat, so he’s not up to driving me in to an urgent care or emergency department. My temperature is down today although not quite normal yet. I have little to no appetite, so he’s going to the store to get me some jello. It’s all I feel like I can eat.

I do have an oximeter. I will check my level in a minute or so and let you know if it’s out of the ordinary. Thank you for asking. And I am sorry your nieces didn’t come through for you.

PS: Ox was 94, low end of normal. Pulse was quite high at 130. I just took a fever reducer so of it doesn’t come down I’ll get help. Temp continues to come down (100.9 now) but still isn’t normal.

Last edited by Albatross2008; Jul 01, 2024 at 05:01 PM..
Albatross2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RDMercer