View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
10.5k hugs
given
Default Jul 01, 2024 at 05:58 PM

That "Stop It Bob NewHart" video was amazing @ArtieTheSequal - I forgot how much I love their skits. And sometimes I feel like when you talk to therapists about your problems, they have a look on their face that is basically SCREAMING at you to "Stop it!!" without even saying it, lol, so that video really seemed appropriate to me.

I have therapy tomorrow. I wasn't a fan of telehealth or any kind of video chat, but post-COVID it's just been a reality for most people in my state, even in Raleigh where they have way more resources than my small town now. I am thankful for this therapist though, he uses an approach of focusing on my present and my future rather than rehashing all of my past over and over again, AND I went out of my way to find a real psychologist than "I got my certificate over the internet" type of therapist. They exist, and I have to say you can really tell sometimes.

Just battling with thoughts of my ex-husband because of his birthday tomorrow. I want to reach out and send birthday wishes, then slap myself to reality and just say to myself, "this man is your ex for a reason silly girl." Also, I want to talk about the fact that I canceled my Los Angeles trip because I realized I would be traveling during my cycle, and there have been complications with my boyfriend's children that could affect things. The timing just isn't right. Thank you so much @Lemoncake for the suggestions, I have FitnessPal and am going to restart my weight loss efforts to combat all these self-esteem issues I am having.

I think you bring up a really valid point @comrademoomoo because my menstrual cycle is such a huge issue for me. Some months it's there, some it isn't. It all relates to this huge thyroid issue I had, (recently had surgery to remove it), and then I gained 50 pounds in three months, it's been horrible to say the least. But our thyroid and our hormones affect our mental health so much, it should be spoken about more, I think it's really important.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel