ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,942 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 02, 2024 at 10:47 AM

Lost,
I'll pretty much echo CNS and LT's suggestions.

* Something shared: L bought us both cheap little candles. We light them usually together at sunset whenever there's something to grieve or something we're struggling with or even if we miss each other. After lightning and saying a blessing, we take a picture and send it to each other.
* We have also exchanged items. I gave L a bracelet and she gave me her blanket. We both always have our items with us during a virtual session. The only time she doesn't have the bracelet is when she's on vacation because she doesn't want to lose it.
* We have a welcome ritual. She asks what feelings are most present, scale of 1-10 for how I'm feeling, then check in questions about safety, sleep, smoking, and now rupture repair and then general updates. Then we talk.
* We also have a goodbye ritual for all our sessions. We start off with reassurances. When I'm done, I say okay. Then she says "me first or you first" for I love yous. I almost always say me. We say it to each other and then say okay. She tells me she appreciates me, I tell her thank you. She says goodbye first, then I do. I'm the one who gets to hang up. I absolutely hated her hanging up because it felt like she was cutting me off from her.

I'm still struggling with eye contact, so we're doing phone sessions on her virtual day. I don't like her seeing me on virtual, but I don't feel it fair that I get to look at her and she doesn't get to look at me.

Those are just the things that help me.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail