Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,447 hugs
given
Default Jul 02, 2024 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
I'm feeling very depressed and hurt now. I feel like I got snubbed and I don't understand it. Here's the story:

I didn't mention it on here but last Saturday, I felt like I was instrumental in saving someone's life. It was a neighbor. What happened was that she collapsed and it happened outside of my bedroom window. I was the only one responding to her and she was unresponsive to me because she had a seizure.

I called 911 and got other neighbors to help out because I didn't know how to handle it A couple of women helped her out and I felt like they did a great job. She was taken to the hospital.

Now she's fine as of today, but I only saw her in the distance. It appeared that she gave a couple of the women (who helped her out) a small gift box with a "thank you" card. I never got one. I feel really hurt by this. I feel like I don't deserve all of the credit, but at least a little something.
I would feel hurt, if that happened to me. Perhaps, the lady who collapsed was confused as to the role you played. When you attempted to rouse her, she was unconcious, so she didn't realize what you were doing.

Still, when she conversed with the ladies who helped, they might have filled her in on you summoning first responders. If it were me who passed out, I'd ask questions to know exactly how aid got to me. So she seems remiss in not getting the story straight, or she just felt like buddying up to these ladies for some reason. If so, that's not very nice.
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, unaluna, will19