View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 04, 2024 at 02:44 PM

First of all, Happy 4th if July everyone. I was promised f/t hours at my new care taking job do that I could get benefits. Now I feel that I was lied to.

I also don’t like the fact that they company didn’t bother fixing the a/c at one group home for 4 years! My client told me that We were all sweating even with the fans on inside the house.

The first month there I worked 4 days a week & 8 hours a day. So I was working 32 hours a week. This month they only scheduled me for 2 days a week working 8 hours a day, so that’s only 16 hours!!!

I told them that I needed more hours & they said thst they’d try to give me more hours. They did, but it sounds like it’s temporary.

I got a double shift one day so I immediately went to see another client afterwards & worked 16 hours in one day!!!

Then I got 3 last minute shifts on top of that including a shift for today on the 4th, my birthday.

I will unfortunately be working most of the day today because I need the money badly. I’ll be making overtime pay at least.

I’m upset that I was lied to. They hured a bunch of new people lately. I heard that they cut other people’s hours too.

I don’t understand why they’d hire so many new people when they don’t gave enough hours for everyone. Weird! I saw at least 4-5 new people recently.

Why would they do that?

The job is good for me otherwise except for having to deal with a few loud clients & coworkers at times.

One client is a bit difficult as she normally doesn’t respond to me when I try talking to her. I also was not hsppt about getting clients whose home snrlked like cat piss. There was cat poo on the floor too, disgusting.

I had to spend the day in my car like everyone else does since the smell was so strong. Thank goodness for a/c!!!

Other than that, it’s relatively stress free.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated