View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.5k hugs
given
Default Jul 05, 2024 at 03:25 PM

Oh, and I ended up reading that submission to Dr. T today. I brought it with me, unsure if I wanted to share. But the couple topics I was trying didn't seem to go anywhere, so I opted just to read it out loud. I paused a few times so we could discuss parts of it. And we ended up in a good discussion at the end, though I wish I'd started reading it sooner so we'd have had more time to talk about it then (we did go maybe 5 minutes over the 50 minutes).

I also realized a couple typos/unclear parts while reading it out loud, so maybe I need to start doing that as part of my revisions (not even reading it *to* anyone, just saying it out loud when no one can hear me.) There was one line where I said it, then said maybe I needed to edit it. And Dr. T asked me to read it again. He said he thought what I initially wrote was what I meant, and it made sense. We discussed it for a few minutes.

I suppose I could share the line: "If I know what makes them tick, I can avoid doing anything that will cause them to make me leave."

I thought maybe it should have been "that will cause them to leave." But Dr. T said he saw it in the sense of, my fear of crossing some line with him (or whoever), where he'd say, "OK, you need to leave and not come back." Which is accurate.
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Jersey 4, LadyShadow, LostOnTheTrail, ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
Jersey 4, LadyShadow, LostOnTheTrail, ScarletPimpernel