LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.5k hugs
given
Default Jul 05, 2024 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
LT - thats a powerful and very concise statement. Actually the first part of it bothers me more than the possibly rewritten part. In the sense of, geez i dont even know if i ever thought about what made the other person tick. Us italians (my parents, mussolini) just pressurize people to get our own way. I dont really like that use of the word pressurize - it makes me think of blowing up a bicycle tire.

Thanks, Una.

I spend too much time thinking about what makes others tick, in large part due to my mother's influence (who is actually part Italian, but maybe the German part overtakes that).

Dr. T was saying today how we tend to go back to what we were taught in childhood, unless we find a better way. He compared it to how people will continue to use fossil fuels unless they find something that works better for them.

I asked what the "better way" was, and he sort of laughed and said it's difficult for those with anxiety, that it's basically just realizing we don't really have control over relationships. That we can just choose to be kind and do the best we can (or something like that), knowing that might not be enough. And to appreciate the time we have with someone, knowing it might not last. And accepting that.
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, unaluna

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, unaluna