View Single Post
Superpower

Member Since Jul 2024
8 hugs
given
Default Jul 06, 2024 at 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rall19 View Post
Hi I just joined today as i’m confused with a diagnosis I have been given and have been
searching online with conflicting resukts.

I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia at the age of 18. (7 years ago) This week my psychiatrist is now saying it may be changed to BPD. I only see her yearly and do not understand how this could now be a totally different diagnosis. Has anyone else been in this position?

I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia and many other things while I was in a psychosis episode they thought wasn’t related to cannabis but it definitely was a cannabis induced psychosis. Thought I might’ve had bipolar but nope. One of the intense symptoms of BPD is auditory (and I think some visual) hallucinations which I’ve had some even before my psychosis episode. Afterwards I realised that I had BPD, dbt therapy has helped a lot to calm it down. Apparently it shows up when you’re in a relationship mostly (correct me if I’m wrong) but I’ve been decently stable since quitting weed and doing therapy. Don’t need medications, just therapy, which is BPD I think. Hope this helped maybe??? It’s pretty hard to get diagnosed with BPD since not many therapists are trained for it. My mom is a therapist and since she knows me she pointed out that I might have bpd and to look into it so I did. Strongly believe I have it but since therapy many of the symptoms have lessened.
Superpower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TheGal