View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
908 hugs
given
Default Jul 06, 2024 at 09:20 PM

I'm trying to decide if I want to cut back on how often I'm going to counseling. I've been going at least weekly for three years and have been going to at least monthly psychiatrist appointments for almost three years too. I remember my counselor telling me counseling isn't meant to be a long term thing and my current pdoc saying, once I would have been established, seeing him once every three months would have been fine. I think all of this work taking care of my mental health has me burned out so I need to find a way to somehow give myself a break from this in a healthy way. If my physical and mental health will let me, I also just want to try and find some semblance of a "normal" life again and I think cutting back on appointments would help me with this. My monthly pdoc appointments are a nonnegotiable in this plan so that leaves the number of counseling appointments I go to. I know going back to school will make my physical health pretty bad, at least for a bit, so having less appointments scheduled is probably better anyway.

The problem is, I don't know if I should keep going every week because of depression symptoms. If I cut back, I'd want to just cut back to every other week.

I canceled the appointment I have next week so do not go again until the 17th. This will give me a nice little break at least.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, MuddyBoots, raspberrytorte