View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2024 at 11:17 AM

I'm still here. Doing well. I got social security straightened out so I don't have to be worried or stressed about that anymore. I did have to leave my job because they were giving me way too many hours and I didn't want to risk it messing up my social security when I just got it fixed,

I'm just focusing on volunteering and stuff now. I feel pretty good on the increased abilify.

My meds now are:

1500mg trileptal
30mg abilify
100mg zoloft
100mg thorazine

My mood is good. I'm a lot less unstable than I was a month ago. I'm still feeling a bit impulsive but am working on that. I was like dysphorically manic for awhile, and THC was making it a lot worse especially my paranoia and at one point psychosis.

I'm trying to live a stable life now. Where I take my meds every day, go to sleep every night, do self care, etc and stay away from recreational drug use. I thought I could like do it in moderation but even the tiniest amount can send me straight into mania and psychosis so it's not worth it.

I met my new therapist last week, she seems very nice. I still miss my therapist I had for 8 years that died recently though.

Anyway, I'm still volunteering with the cat rescue. So I have that going on still. I am resuming violin lessons this month since my finances are back on track.

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Tuesday. I don't think we'll need to switch the trileptal to lamictal because I seem to be doing well on the increased 30mg of abilify. So that's probably not necessary. Hoping to stay on this combo for a very long time, forever if possible. I've been through so many med changes throughout my life, I'm hopeful that this is the one that I can stay on for years.

I wish I could just be on one or two meds but he said that's not possible in my particular situation. So I just have to accept it.

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis, WastingAsparagus

Thanks for this!
Sometimes psychotic