Thread: Roll Call 203
View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.5k hugs
given
Default Jul 08, 2024 at 11:05 AM

I got on the treadmill for 45 minutes today. I'm gonna do some other exercises later today, yoga, weights, squats and situps. Other than that I plan on cleaning. I didn't sleep well last night. I was up late watching a show called The Boys on amazon prime which my bf recommended to me. I sat outside this morning for an hour and read. Trying to get myself to get out more and get fresh air.

I'm resuming violin lessons this month. I had to take a couple months off them because of financial reasons. My next lesson is on July 16th. Very excited about that. I'm aiming to take 2-3 lessons a month. I recently got some new violin sheet music books:

One is a Disney violin book that has like 72 songs in it, another is a Celtic violin book, another is a Lord of the Rings violin book, and the other one is a fiddler book my violin teacher recommended. That's a good amount of material to work on for the next year. Eventually we'll work on some Lindsey Stirling stuff.
Right now we're working on Vivaldi's concerto in A Minor which is gonna take quite a bit of time for me to learn.

I'm hoping to lose some weight with exercising, but I'm mainly doing it for my mental health because it's good for my mood and anxiety and stress relief. Cause it works really well for those things. There's a significant difference in my mood stability and anxiety on days I exercises versus days I don't. It lifts my mood significantly and makes me happier, prevents my mood from swinging as much, and lowers my anxiety and lessens panic attacks. It also helps with anger and irritability, which I deal with sometimes. It's just all around really good which is why I'm trying to do it everyday.

This might sound gross but I've always struggled with dental hygiene but I've managed to start making it a habit to brush and floss 2-3 times a day every single day. I started doing that thing called habit stacking which is a technique that makes building positive habits easier. So you add something right after a habit that's already ingrained. Since I already have the habit of taking my meds twice a day I just stack brushing and flossing in directly after those times and it is making it easier to stick to it since taking my meds is already such an ingrained habit. It leaves no time to procrastinate and push it off till "later" which usually ends up being never.

On saturday I'm going to a independent cafe/bookstore with my sister to eat and have coffee. It should be fun. I've only been there once when they opened a year ago but it's a really cool place and I love the vibe of it.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Sometimes psychotic, WastingAsparagus