Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2024 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
It sounds that they were dishonest. There’s no way for us to know why. Sadly, you’ll run into these kind of employers.

I don’t know if I agree that employers don’t hire full time. Most people I know only ever work full time because they need income and benefits. Part time is only sustainable as a supplemental income.

If you need full time job with benefits only look for that. What you see is what you get. Doesn’t matter what they promise. Only go with what’s being given to you today and in writing
Why would they lie to me? I was already hired at that point.

It’s upsetting! I was temporarily given f/t hours & one day I did a double shift & got overtime hours.

I don’t anticipate being that happening to often then. This company is probably very cheap as they didn’t bother to fix the a/c at one clients house.
It is hot as hell at the house. The fans don’t help much. They didn’t fix the a/c for 4 years! Ridiculous!

It’s impossible to get f/t hours with benefits at the jobs that I worked at & in the service & retail industry in general.

Unless you’re in management, it’s not gonna happen as most companies are cheap.

Most places don’t want to give employees benefits unfortunately.

It seems like people need to have an extremely high level job like that of an engineer or some kind of managerial position in order to get good pay, f/t hours & benefits.

Companies exploit easily expendable service workers like me all the time & it sucks!

I do like this job as it’s easy & low stress & no one bullies or harasses me, so that’s the good thing about this job at least.

I might need to get a second job doon as working 16 hours a week is a joke!

I did temporarily get more hours, but it might just be temporary, idk.

I don’t trust management anymore even though they say they’ll work on getting me more hours.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated