View Single Post
3rd rock
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2019
6,052 hugs
given
Default Jul 08, 2024 at 08:56 PM

I'm going into treatment on Wednesday, so I've been cleaning my apartment. I'm only doing this in case my landlord needs to enter my suite for some reason during my absence. He's already done annual inspections earlier this year, which passed without incident. But I still need to make sure my suite is adequately presentable in case he enters for other reasons. I drew up a task list and schedule a few days ago, and I've been working it as it's written. I've allowed myself plenty of time, considering that my suite was already in basically presentable condition. Today, I cleaned the floors in the bathroom and kitchen, and I cleaned the toilet bowl and shower. Tomorrow, I'll vacuum, take out the garbage, and tidy up in the bedroom.

I've completed a chapter on my novel, and now it's on to the next one. I hope to have a draft finished within the next 8-10 weeks. If so, I can probably finish a rewrite by the end of the year. Then I have to find readers who will be willing to read a copy and give me critical feedback, which I can incorporate into the third draft. I hope to have the novel finished by the end of June, 2025. After that, I can begin the arduous attempt at getting published.

My mood is more or less stable. I haven't had any crying spells for about a week. I've been sleeping okay. I'm apprehensive about going into treatment, mainly because it involves being surrounded by a group of new people. We'll see what happens. I intend to work on my novel while I'm in treatment, during my downtime. I hope to be able to write an average of 1,000 words per day. I think that's possible, given the schedule at treatment. There's lots of time given for what they label 'client free time.' I can use that time to write on my phone.
3rd rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl, T4bbyCat, will19