MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,850 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Jul 09, 2024 at 11:45 AM

Okay, so just thought of a thing.

-It has consistently been about or above 90dF.
-Every job I have applied to is in-person (don't even know what remote jobs would be available to me though that would be rad)
-Arms covered in a billion self-harm and picking scabs on both arms, and if upon getting intrigued and starting to stare there is a possibility of noticing the old track marks. Nothing is fresh, but I do have some still purple scars from a sui attempt in January (and of course those were freaking deep and now are wide and protruding, but again, not fresh, but concealer will do nothing to help my cause). (but yeah, there is not a spot more than a four inch diameter from shoulder to knuckles without scars--oh yeah, my knuckles on my right hand are still calloused and purple from when I used to bite them/rub them on the roof of my mouth purging too, although I know that's not a "hey, this person is bulimic" sign a lot of people know of).
-Refuse to wear long sleeve shirts in 90F weather (and honestly I don't even have any non-worn out flannel long sleeves anyways).
-I know in the interview process they're legally not supposed to discriminate, but you know any day they will choose someone who doesn't have obvious signs of instability (and prior IV drug use if they even notice that) over someone who does.

Combined with a huge resume gap, a recent arrest, "enrolled in college and had a high GPA but didn't get past three semesters" under my belt, would I ever get a job above $7.50/hr (at that point it's not worth it because last time I did that they took away my social security because I worked two weeks and earned ~$240 and it took months to get that back).

My last interview was in October and when I landed the job long-sleeves/jackets were a thing you should have!

Oh yeah, btw the interview is in two days (two different positions at the same company) and I was told they're not hiring a ton of people at the moment.

Thoughts? Don't give a shyt? Search around for a couple tattoo sleeves? Suck it up and try to find a decent, non-see through but thin long sleeve (literally have never found one like that)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this interview, I just want to get myself the best possible chance at landing this job.

Last edited by MuddyBoots; Jul 09, 2024 at 12:03 PM..
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna