View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2024 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Sigh, so Dr. T told me today that they decided to do a last-minute family vacation next week. He's still seeing clients (virtually, of course), just had to adjust a couple of my times earlier because he's trying to see all clients in one big chunk. I said I felt bad seeing him on his vacation, but he said that honestly, he needs the money because of extra expenses from the move delay, so he has to work. I know he was trying to make me feel better, but I still feel a bit awkward about it.

He was also going on about how much of a mess the contractors have made of the move, that he's hoping they'll be able to still move at the end of the month (he's already gotten a month extension from the property manager, and they'll be unhappy if they (he and he others in his suite) have to stay any longer--and will charge him a bunch extra for the trouble. I feel bad for him, but it's also messing with my plans and trying to come to terms with the move, so it's complicated. Thought I'd be able to go to the beach a few days to my parents' place the week he's moving, but now that may be pushed back and their place may not be available.

I just kinda want it done with at this point! Like, can I just start adapting to the new place already? I should have been partway there by now...
Ugh, his comment about needing the money is so crass.

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, LonesomeTonight