Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2024 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
LT, what if has nothing to do with your past? Not everything links back to something. There can be new traumas that hurt in themselves.

What Dr. T said would really hurt me too. It's kind of objectifying your relationship? Just because you are a part of his job/career doesn't mean he should be viewing you as a meal ticket. You're a person and this is a real relationship.

Thanks, Scarlet--that's a really good point. I think of a few times that I was upset with ex-MC, and he said "This is about your parents," and I was like, "No, this is about you." Like, it wasn't transference, where I was projecting something from my parents onto him--I was actually angry at him. Felt like a cop-out on his part. (Meanwhile, Dr. T has done the opposite, where I've said it's about stuff from my past, and he insists it's about him.)

It helps to know you'd be hurt by it, too. At first, I was mostly OK with it--especially because it was early in session, and the last 20 minutes were good (about other stuff, like my writing and also my progress)--and now it's suddenly hitting me. Which is how things happen sometimes (he calls it a therapy grenade).

It's a case where I wish I could just talk to him for, say, 5 minutes. But it's not an option with him (I appreciate that L is willing to talk to you in that way). i can either email him, and he'll reply in the morning (somewhat risky, as there can be misunderstandings in tone), see if he has something tomorrow, or wait till Friday and hope it's mostly resolved then. I suppose the Friday one is the best option.

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, ScarletPimpernel