Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2024 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
That helps to hear, Jersey. It can just be really complicated. I guess I need to remember this thing ex-MC said once that stuck with me, where I said, "You only care because I pay you to." He said, "You pay me to do my job, but you don't pay me to care." Like, he chose to care. I imagine it's like that for you. And, presumably, Dr. T. And, say, D's teachers.

It may be harder for me to comprehend on a work level because I work with words rather than people. I mean, yeah, people wrote those words, but I don't deal with them directly (one of the positives of being a freelancer--I don't have to hear authors complain about the changes like I did when I worked more directly for the company).
LT-I do get it though. One time when my dad was in the hospital I had a zoom meeting with the psychiatrist I was seeing for medication management. My 3 months were up and I had to do the zoom or she wouldn’t refill the scripts. So I was telling her about my dad and at the end I read her the numbers off my debit card so she can process the payment. She either entered them wrong or I said them wrong because I got a text from her saying the payment was denied. I remembered being very upset because she knew I was headed to the hospital to go see my dad and I’m like “She only cares about the payment”. And I had to process that.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight