Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2024 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdog View Post
How is it not being on him - he just mentioned the cost - he didn't ask you to do anything about it other than be slightly flexible did he? Why do you see it as you being expected to pay for his financial mistakes? I mean money and therapists and clients can be uncomfortable from what people are saying, but this doesn't have to occupy space in your head - if you think his move and finances are on him (and I do and you said you did) then his statement is not really anything to bother on about. Don't talk yourself into a lather here.
(I found paying them to be the least offensive part but I know I don't have the same general ways on this as a lot of others it seems)

I mean, things do happen with contractors. I just had one take 3 weeks longer than they said to repair/replace an appurtenance on some real property. We were alternating between torrential downpours, slow material delivery from a different company, and excessive heat and they got behind - it happens. And moving has never been straightforward - somethings always come up and screw up the time line. This is one of those things that is just life I think.

Thanks, some good points here. I guess I didn't mean paying literally for his mistakes. More like I have to deal with the fallout in terms of a bunch of changes, including some last-minute ones (like last week, he had to change my session time at the last minute because he had to meet with someone at the building--thankfully, I have a flexible schedule).

It's just taken a lot of flexibility on my part over the past month or two. I'm tired of being flexible. And it might be different if he took more responsibility, but today it was all, "It's all the contractors fault." Which may be true, but he's the one who opted to move in the first place. And to buy office space and redo it.

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, ScarletPimpernel