East17
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2014
39 hugs
given
Default Jul 10, 2024 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
Well y'all I'm dipping my toes back into therapy briefly, with someone new. My insurance now offers 10 free sessions with an online t, so I signed up and when the t I got matched with contacted me, I explained that basically I'm looking for a little help with letting L go while still holding onto the gains I made during that therapy. I'm not looking for any deep work (I've done enough of that to choke a horse). Anyway it sounds like she understands what I'm looking for. So I'm cautiously optimistic that this will help. I think about L every freaking day, multiple times a day, and still talk to her in my head every night. I want that to go away. My first session with R (new, short-term t) is next week.
I really hope it helps Artie. It's so difficult letting go of long term therapy relationship that you've had a huge emotional investment in. It's perfectly normal to constantly think about an ex-T you were close to. It kind of reinforces the fact that you've internalised the good work you did with her, and that's not a bad thing... But I'm sure your new T will tell you that. [emoji4] Good luck next week with R.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, LadyShadow, LonesomeTonight, unaluna