View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2024 at 08:25 AM

Iīve seen a case manager/social worker for about one year and a half and I see her within an employment program where they help people to find work. Iīve seen her once a week and talked to her on the phone once a week.

The case managers also offer support in different kinds and forms and Iīve talked to my case manager about my situation in general as itīs my life situation that have lead up to my unemployment.

Due to my anxiety Iīve chosen to see my case manager for walks instead of at the office and weīve talked about a lot of things, she also shares things about her children, some bits about her childhood and so on. During spring and summer we have sat outside near a lake during our meetings and Iīve brought some coffee as I see it as a nice gesture and itīs nice to have some coffee when talking. A couple of times we had our meetings in a café where she paid for both me and her which I saw as very kind.

Anyway, Iīm now very upset and disappointed with her as:

* I wrote her a digital postcard before her vacation where I wished her a nice holiday and I thanked her for this semester and told her I found our meetings nice and that we had talked about many interesting subjects during our meetings. She e-mailed me and said thanks for the card and that it was a nice card but she didnīt comment anything about our meetings. She didnīt say anyhing like "Iīve found our meetings nice too" or similar. She didnīt wish me a nice summer or anything.

* I had a meeting with one of her colleagues and I found her rather impersonal and cold and her questions made me sad and upset. Nothing major but I mentioned this to my case manager and we discussed it on the phone. She then didnīt agree to anything I said but just kept a natural stance and kept trying to focus on other things than what I mentioned about the meeting with her colleague. I felt my case manager ignored what I told her and that it was more important to be lojal to her colleage than to support me on what I told her.

* We had a meeting on the phone just before her vacation and she didnīt ask me anything about what I was going to to during summer. She knows very well about my situation, that I live alone, I live on welfare and so on, she knows my relatives live in another town. But nothing!

She talks about herself and I listen to that, often itīs some fun anecdote but when it comes to my situation and something that concerns my personal situation, she just ignores it. She do care when it comes to try to find me some kind of work training and so on but when I try to get some support (not therapy!) on something that has happened to me now or in the past itīs like she just ignores it.

Iīve seen her for so long so this isnīt a questions of changing case managers. I kind of have the possibility to have my meetings with her on the phone just to keep some distance to her but now after such a long time she will definately question why I suddenly donīt want to meet in person. Sheīs now on vacation and Iīm trying to figure out how to meet with her when she returns.

We had a rather bad phone meeting just before her vacation due to all this Iīve mentioned earlier and I just got disappointed in her.

What do you think I should do? What do you think about how my case manager has acted?
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote