Grand Member

Member Since Dec 2010
8 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2024 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embracingtruth View Post
In my life experience, I find that "my place" is within me. Not connecting with family ( for any variety of reasons) is more common than you think. Between myself and two brothers, we grew up under the same roof, same parents, and had very similar life experiences in those formative years. But we each have very different accountings on what that environment looked like and how it made us feel. Quality of life has so much to do with how you process events in your life and how you allow things to weigh on you. We're all very different people no matter what shared space (or DNA) we might have in common.

I can definitely agree with your comment that one needs to look inward to find one’s own truth. That being said, one also needs community. As human beings, we need social interaction and a group in which we feel we have a place. That is what I don’t have, and right now, it’s what I need. I’ve done the introspection. It is reassuring to hear you say it’s more common than I might think to not feel like you being in your biological family, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
indigo1015 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Embracingtruth

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated