View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,290 hugs
given
Default Jul 11, 2024 at 12:35 PM

I think it sounds like you want her to communicate with you as a friend. She could be friendly but she’s not a friend.

I think she already goes above and beyond by meeting outside of office. I don’t think she should be expected to make personal comments about enjoying your meetings or talk about your summers. That’s something to expect from a friend.

I think it’s important to remember that they act in a professional capacity. They might love their job and might do extras like taking you to a cafe or doing chit chat but it’s a job. Like when I am thanking dental hygienist for cleaning my teeth so well. She’s not thanking me back for allowing her to dig in my mouth. I am a patient. She’s not.

Same here. This isn’t a relationship where you both equally contribute.

I think it’s understandable she is engaged on topics of job and training. It’s likely her ultimate job description to get you a job. Other stuff is a nice addition and it seems that she cares great deal about your comfort or she’d only meet in the office.

Having said that, if you are uncomfortable with her talking about her own life, maybe you need to let her know that
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, SarahSweden