SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2024 at 03:05 PM

Thanks for your comment!

Whatīs also important in this is that my case manager acts like we were acquaintances or colleagues as she shares things about her children, about her job and previous jobs, about her childhood - not major things but still. She doesnīt keep to her role as a case manager and sometimes nothing much has happened in my errand and then we talk almost only about everyday things, news, her previous jobs and similar.

Then itīs difficult to know when to expect support from her and when I should not. To ask about summer and what Iīm going to do is something I expect from a person I share things with during our work. Also, as my health situation and my everyday life affects my ability to work, itīs inevitable to not mention more vulnerable things. Of course I then expect her to meet up on that and to give me proper support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Just from reading this, it sounds like you are expecting way too much from her beyond the PROFESSIONAL relationship of her JOB.

If you have something to share then share it in conversation. Like you said, she is not your therapist.

I would just continue on like you were while you keep in mind she is not a "friend" or your therapist but your professional "case manager".....just my take on this
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote