SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2024 at 05:08 PM

Thanks.

We´ve had disputes about this before, about how she needs to support me on things. As we´ve had some conversations through e-mail I have pointed out to her how she replies to me and how she avoids certain topics. I´ve pin-pointed that she avoids to reply to me in a more personal way, directly connected to my own situation.

But that never worked, she never admitted to doing that and after that I stopped e-mailing her about more complicated things.

Yes, I do have a description and a monthly plan where we decide what to do next. I agree my case manager can´t help me with my contact with her colleague but I can´t just hide that I´m disappointed and that I feel bad about how the meeting went. The meeting with her colleague is part of our plan so naturally my case manager asks about how it went.

My disappointment with her colleague wasn´t a major thing to report to a supervisor or a reason to see someone else but I see it as a natural part of my contact with my case manager, that she takes part in and supports me on those things. Also, I had already mentioned in an e-mail to my case manager that perhaps we shouldn´t talk about what happened as there could be a lojalty conflict but then, in our phone meeting it was her who suggested it could be good for me to talk about what happened. So she creates those situations herself I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I understand. Could you articulate to her what type of support you need from her? If you aren’t sure what you could and couldn’t share and when and how you could get support, I suggest you ask verbatim. I am very familiar with this type of agency due to my job (yes I know it’s not just unemployment agency). When clients are accepted to a program they are given description of services and a plan. Do you have a description? If not, I’d ask for one.

Now if you are dissatisfied with another worker there, I suggest you talk to a supervisor. There’s someone above them all. Case manager can’t really help you with that and in my vast experience it’s not appropriate for a case manager to discuss her coworker or agree how they did this or that wrong. What’s appropriate is for her is to refer you to a supervisor. If she didn’t, I’d ask who you can talk to.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote