Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2024 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I had my endoscopy. I didn't snap out of the anthesia and I guess I tried sitting up once and the nurse told me to lie down and then I tried again to sit up and that time my mom told me to lie back down. But it wasn't like last time. I did get pretty nauseated so they gave me a shot of zofran through my IV. But I felt ok fairly quickly and I got dressed and was able to walk out myseIf. My mom and I got food to bring home.

I have inflamation in my lower esophagus, inflamation in my stomach, and a few ulcers in my stomach. The nurse said thats why I've been so sick. She told me to raise my prilosec to twice a day and then follow up with the doctor in 2 weeks. He took several biopsies.

Then I had to pickup the stuff for my colonoscopy on Monday. I had a question about the stuff and the nurse was all like to my mom "the doctor says he absolutly needs a colononscopy." Kinda a freaky answer.

My mom was joking and said we should send this report to the first hospital that just blew me off. Seriously though, get a second opinion if you know something isnt right.

I'm just lying in bed now. I'm groggy and a bit headachy and nauseated and crampy. Waiting to see if Biden drops out today.
Has your doctor tested if the ulcers are caused by the bacteria H. pylori? If they are, they can do a blood, breath or stool test to test for it. For the breath test, you drink or eat something that contains radioactive carbon. H. pylori breaks down the substance in your stomach. Later, you blow into a bag, which is then sealed. If you're infected with H. pylori, your breath sample will contain the radioactive carbon in the form of carbon dioxide. Hopefully they did bioposies of the ulcers during your endoscopy. The bacterial cause can be easily treated. Otherwise, the ulcers are caused either by using NSAIDs (Excedrin, aspirin, Motrin, naxproxen, ibuprofen, Aleve, Midol) or they can be idiopathic (cause unknown)..

I know too that you have ED issues. Purging and bulimia are cause ulcers too as well as vomiting frequently. When someone with bulimia nervosa (BN) purges by self-induced vomiting, the stomach acids are brought up out of the upper GI tract. This may increase the amount of acid in the stomach, making it even more acidic and thus damaging tissue. Which is why I'm wondering why your GI hasn't been more proactive about your frequent vomiting. Ulcers can perforate if left until and it requires invasive emergency surgery; I should know, I have a 5 inch vertical scar belly button up from when I had an ulcer that perforated. That experience was another notch on my PTSD belt. It was AWFUL.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen

Hugs from:
bizi, LadyShadow, Rosi700

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, unaluna