View Single Post
rukspc

Member Since Feb 2014
40 hugs
given
Default Jul 11, 2024 at 09:29 PM

To seven years ago, I would have been more present, more aware. Not so quick to get a boyfriend, not so quick to "fall in love".

I would have slowed down and said to myself, be careful, not so fast. I would have asked myself if it was truly what I wanted.

I would have hit the brakes when I saw red flags. I would have put myself FIRST. I would have taken a really close, good look at the man in front of me. I would not have let his words become mine so quickly. I would have been more brave to speak up when I didn't like something. I would have followed my heart ❤️

I would have valued me. I would not have justified or made excuses for his behavior. I would not have been so impulsive. I would have been smarter. I would have left and found a new path.

Now ... 1.5 years of marriage, and nothing to show. Every happy moment I ruined. Every milestone marked by pain. Our wounds are open; no one doesn't know. Constant fights, exhaustion, depression, crying, repeat

I was in a misty, cloud. Carried away by the wind. Drifting away from family, friends, him ... Myself. I was wrapped up in loving love. Wanting love.

When the fog was lifted, I saw myself and asked: why did you get married? Didn't you ever ask yourself? Why did you waste so much time? Why? How come? Why? Aren't you ashamed? Are you just STUPID? YES. I am. I am very stupid.

The truth is: I don't know why or how I got here. And I only have myself to blame. I am now 34. With no prospects of ever having children. It's too late to leave, we're in too far now.

The hurt I've caused him. The hurt I've caused a lot of people. The hurt I've caused myself. It wasn't supposed to be this way. Why did I let my happiness slip away? Some days I want to die. Some days I want to scream.

If we part, I will die alone. I will be ridiculed once again. I will never know true happiness because I wasted my youth. I will be another statistic. I will be the talk of the town. All of my mistakes and flaws revealed to the world.
--
I could go on about these truths.
These truths I've yet to unpack with my own therapist. The shame, the judgement, the embarrassment.
rukspc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, unaluna