View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,853 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2024 at 01:00 PM

Can you afford to not go with safety in mind is more the question.

If you are a danger to yourself and/or others, you need to go. I wouldn't say more energy is a reason to go, and with decreased appetite I'd say as long as you are getting enough nutrients and calories to keep your body healthy that's not a major concern. It would be though if you're completely not eating or not eating enough. If the other symptoms are obviously safety risks, yes, go. If anyone you trust says they're concerned about your wellbeing, yes, go.

Definitely talk to your pdoc about it though. I've never been admitted for hallucinations as the sole psychotic symptom without also either showing disorganized/dangerous behavior or intent. Psychs really don't like admitting people if they don't have to.

Auditory hallucinations are a "psychotic symptom," and I don't know what the docs technically use as a definition, but I don't count my hallucinations as "official" psychosis if I can tell what's real and not and am in touch with reality (which I guess if you're in psychosis you don't know if that's the case which is why an outside perspective is needed).

Hugs from:
bizi