View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2024 at 01:25 PM

I printed out the printable workbooks that came with my kindle DBT workbooks I have so now I can use them to make copies of the worksheets and do the exercises in them. There's like 3 packs of worksheets and chapter reviews, one is 63 pages, one is 60 pages and one is 30 pages. Yeah I printed ALL of that out last night lol I'm trying to work on it everyday throughout the day. I feel like it would be helpful for me especially since I have a history of trauma and BPD.

I'm kind of proud of myself because the other day I started dissociating badly. I managed to pull myself out of it though. It took a couple hours of watching shows/movies, and playing games to distract myself but after that it dissipated and I felt a lot more grounded. Typically the only way to pull myself out of them is going to sleep because it seems to reset my brain. But I'm glad I was able to do it this way.

I had my volunteer shift today with the cat rescue. It went well. I didn't feel like going mainly due to me being lazy and tired and I get anxious on the bus, I was thinking about backing out but I managed to push through it and get myself there and back. So I guess that would be the skill opposite action, doing the opposite of what your emotional impulses tell you to do.

Trying to meditate daily, journal, and exercise. And get out of the house more. I've been dealing with some agoraphobia so it's been difficult to get myself out. There's supposed to be a carnival coming up either at the end of this month or in August I forget when but I'm going to that. I'm also going to an adult coloring night at my local library later this month.

I have a violin lesson on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. Have to go pick up my meds tomorrow and the Vitamin D prescription so I can finally start that.

Thanks for this!
Sometimes psychotic