Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2024 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
Last week I got "The Borderline Personality Workbook" by Daniel J. Fox and have been working on it in my free time. The first part is understanding how BPD afffects you, how much of it probably developed from environment vs genetics, finding your attachment style and subtype. I like looking at and figuring out this stuff. It helps me see "oh, hey, this is a BPD thing," or "oh yeah, I do that, probably not the healthiest thing, and I can work to unlearn that and replace it with something else." Not sure how helpful it's going to be in the long run in terms of thinking/feeling/behaving in a more tolerable manner, but we'll see. Doing DBT atm in therapy too and practicing my skills as I'm taught.
I have that same workbook, it’s really good. I also have another DBT book by the same publisher new harbinger , called The Dialectical Behavior therapy workbook which is also really good. I printed out the accompanying worksheets that go with it since I got them as ebooks. You can find the printable stuff on new harbingers website. I like that I can make as many copies of the different worksheets as I like so I can do them over and over again

Hugs from:
MuddyBoots

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots