View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,007 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2024 at 07:11 PM

Bit of a TMI post, but I don't know where else to ask this (no PCP/OBGYN right now and no buddies I trust their judgement on this one)

So....not sure if this is a thing I should let go or be wary of...

Have 2.5 y/o IUD which was in place last time I knew of (the doc that inserted it clipped the string too short so I could never feel it therefore could never be certain if it was in the right place), but I did get a CT scan back in I think February if I had to guess, and it was in the right place then. Last period in March (was irregular for quite a while, but have gotten progressively more regular over the past year or so), little bit of spotting every now and then, some menstrual-like cramps every now and then, and all of a sudden today a crap ton of discharge (getting a little gross here, but it's sometimes clear and sometimes kinda grey and has a snot-like consistency, and I'm not appreciating the smell), also have noticed more spotting/bright red blood than usual.

I'm definitely not pregnant (played with the idea that I was in the <1% where the IUD failed, so took a pregnancy test, and unless I was in both the 1% of failed birth control AND 1% of false negative tests, not pregnant).

Don't think any menstruation is coming up because I'm not going from screaming to crying to SHing to tap dancing every 10 minutes either.

Idk. Just want to know if my ovaries are going to overthrow the British empire or my uterus is one of the 6MWE peeps. Would totally demand removal of the reproductive organs if either were the case