Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2024 at 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenNoodleSoup View Post
Thanks all of you.

I too think it's a bit weird on some hand, I am sure normal T would never agree to such a thing. On the other hand, it's not about "understanding" or "observing" anything, it'd be more something like exposure, just that other people are around. I'm still thinking about it, I don't think boundaries would be a big issue in this case given the circumstances (sorry for being vague, I don't really feel comfortable sharing more). But thanks for all your input!

Edit: for what it's worth, the forensic T gave a similar suggestions when I first saw him, so it seems it'd at least be kind of ethical (that guy is a walking ethics board if I've ever seen one).

So, if it's something like eating in a restaurant, where you and T would be eating, and the social aspect is just that there would be other people around you, that seems fine. In fact, ex-T suggested doing something like that with me when I first started seeing her (as I have some anxiety about eating in public). She always seemed pretty ethical.

Or if it was something like a court appearance where you'd be very anxious, and it would help to have your T there to as moral support, I could see that, too. Or, say, a dissertation or thesis defense, where it might help to see him in the audience.

From what you said about the conflicts, I thought it was more of, say, a family or professional gathering where you'd know many or all of the other people. That seems more complicated to me.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ChickenNoodleSoup