Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
76k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 17, 2024 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOnTheTrail View Post
Your Mike Teevee reference made me smile - thank you.

We've had so much effing trouble with virtual sessions...the last time she could see me, but I couldn't see her.

There's no time for troubleshooting in that space, and I'm not in the best frame of mind for it.

For me, her physical presence is a key part of containment...which is lost (no pun intended) when we work virtually.

When she is physically with me, I don't feel like I'm holding quite so much.

Oh, the technical issue aspect really sucks. Is there an option for another platform if whatever she's using isn't working?

For example, one time when Zoom was having issues, Dr. T and I switched to Facetime (he uses that with some clients). Yes, it doesn't have the same safeguards in terms of privacy, I don't think, but it was OK. Not sure if that could be an option for you, though that may require both people to have Apple products. Something like Skype or whatever programs people use now maybe? Or Google Meets or maybe Microsoft teams? To be able to say "this isn't working" and have something else to switch to (that's already set up) that you both have ready?

Of course, if the issue is a bad WiFi or cell signal, that would be more difficult to solve (I've run into issues with that on occasion).
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote