Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,063 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 18, 2024 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Pay her bills? And she didn’t even ask for it?

Yeah, that seems kind of strange. Don't pay the bills of someone you don't even know well again. I know you have only started working recently and have your own bills to pay. I'd say spend your money on that from now on not on someone else's expenses.

A former neighbor friend (and still friend) fell into that trap. She's a very sweet person, but sort of naïve and easily falls for people's sob stories. She was friendly with another neighbor who could work but didn't really want to work. That neighbor would take a job and last about a week or a month at most. She'd always have problems with someone or start calling in sick right away.

Anyways, it started with small things. For example, we had to pay someone to clean out the sewage duct under the street. It wasn't that much money divided between all the houses, but my friend paid that woman's share, because, you know, she can't work. It expanded to helping her with other bills- internet, electricity. Once, my husband and I went out to lunch with my friend and her husband and the neighbor called, demanding my friend pay her pharmacy credit card. Walking home, my friend went into the pharmacy and paid. My friend must have done it before, since she had the information to make the payment. It's not as if my friend and her husband had tons of money to be paying someone else's bills. She's teacher and he's a vet tech.

That got a bit long, but, don't fall into that trap again.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna