Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,346 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 18, 2024 at 08:55 PM

@Opus1212 welcome to MSF. Thanks for reaching out to the community.

I am sorry that your mind is being filled with toxic images. When I keep thinking about something during my waking hours, it comes back in living color in my dreams. So in that sense I have experienced what you are talking about.

As to what to do about it, my method that helps me is mindfulness. What mindfulness does is it helps me not react to invasive thoughts or trauma from the past. I observe it and note it and then return back to a point of focus. The breath is one that I find works for me. It is always here for me and always in the present moment.

There are many youtube videos on mindfuless by Jon Kabat Zinn and others. There is also a free 8 week self guided course by Palouse Mindfulness. For a free, no ads or purchases, smartphone app you can try Healthy Minds put out by the University of Wisconsin. I have never seen another app that was so well thought out that moved me progressively day by day in short periods of participation toward a more mindful life.

So maybe you couild check to see how much these people are popping into your mind in the daytime. That may be causing or exacerbating the problem.

CANDC

[If you want me to see your reply to this post please include @CANDC in your message - not in requoting my message]

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote