Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,505 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Frown Jul 19, 2024 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
When I exercise and go bike riding, I do them alone. I workout in my apartment. I feel like I'm too introverted and overwhelmed to go to a gym or workout class. I feel like I'd have a lot of courage within myself to go to a gym or a class. I think you have a lot of courage to do it for yourself. I prefer to workout by myself; and then I love the music I workout with because I picked it all out myself instead of having it picked for me.

There are times when I feel like I can get tired of working out and going on a bike ride. There have been times when I was about to say "screw it!" and not bother. But I always ended up doing it. Sometimes I feel that way about cleaning, too.

I feel like it would be nice to have someone who would have my back. I like living by myself but I feel like it would be ideal to have a neighbor to have my back and I could have their's. Unfortunately that's an impossible dream. If I could have something like it, it would help with my dreadful feelings. By the way, I have a couple of doctor appointments within a couple of weeks that I'm dreading.
I haven’t been on a bike since I was a kid! Anyway it isn’t safe here now, whether driving or not. I’m female and with the random and unprovoked attacks on women it’s hard to do anything sometimes. Oh this is where we are opposite, I’d get too lonely exercising at home. I don’t have the space nor equipment and motivation would be impossible. It helps to have others around also working out. I have a lot of acquaintances there that I just say hi to and have a bit of small talk. It actually exacerbates the loneliness but though we have the same personality type, I need some human contact. I enjoy the 80’s music they play and the air conditioning is central unlike at home.

My exercise class at the senior center is weekly but I only go if in the mood. I’ve gone to that class 2 years but to that place 10 years. I’d like a better run and staffed place but there’s nothing local. There’s one near downtown but I don’t want to drive that far. And parking is scarce and costly!

Thank you for saying I have courage. It’s auto pilot for me since I’ve gone to the gym for 27 years and the only place I can go to get out. I get stir crazy in this apartment.

Like you I wish I had someone that had my back. I’d certainly reciprocate. The neighbor who said she’d check on me never did call. And it’s been a year.

I crave close friendships but have just one who’s out of state. It’s very fragile to have just one person.

It feels safe posting in your thread. All I’m going to do is laundry and vacuum the dining area. Depressing. I’m still able bodied but I’m getting older as we all are, and I can’t do as much in one day like I used to. The weather is forecast to be hotter and more humid, “great”…….

I hope your doctor’s appointments go okay. Let us know if you’re comfortable.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, JaneOnceMore, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19